CCL’s appreciated Senator Cantwell for:
1. For urging Prime Minister Trudeau “to prioritize modernization of the treaty to advance both country’s interests in clean energy solutions and address climate change”which would allow the two nations to work jointly on energy solutions such as a smart electric grid with intermittent power, grid-scale storage and clean infrastructure solutions.
2. For asking Secretary of Interior to protect taxpayers from paying for pollution that is the responsibility of coal companies.
3. For introducing S Res 397 Supporting recognition of 2016 as “Year of Pulses” acknowledging the nutritional benefit & important contribution to soil health of pulse crops.
4. For calling on U.S. Trade Representatives to end the trade dispute between the U.S. and China relating to U.S. polysilicon and Chinese solar panels.
5. For her work to get bipartisan approval in S 2012 for energy efficiency, grid modernization, investment in renewables and permanent reauthorization of Land and Water Conservation Act
After discussing these issues and several other important bills Sen. Cantwell is working on, we asked her to include a rising fee on carbon, with border adjustments to her Energy Bill S2012 and that we can set up a meeting with her face to face for our June Conference.
Leave a Reply