Sightline.org, published an excellent overview of the effect of BC’s Carbon Tax Shift on March 11, 2014. See the full article via the link below.
The five main points in the article, supported by the charts are:
1) Pricing carbon has reduced carbon pollution.
2) The carbon tax shift has not hurt the economy.
3) Pricing carbon has not caused inflation.
4) The carbon tax shift has been revenue neutral.
5) BC’s carbon tax shift is not perfect …
The article concludes that the BC Carbon Tax legislation is the best in North America and probably the world… and that Washington and Oregon could do well to copy it. Rather than return funds in Washington State through the income tax, (since we don’t have one), revenues could be used to reduce the sales and business taxes.